2. When do we collect Personal Information?
“Personal Information” that we shall collect and process about you will consist of any information which refers to you personally and that may be generated though the above services or websites such as but not limited to your name, e-mail address and postal address (as further developed under section 3 hereto). We collect Personal Information from you when you do the following through our website:
• visit the website;
• register on the website;
• order goods or services;
• submit any other queries online.
3. What Personal Information do we collect from you?
We collect Personal Information from you including your:
• postal address;
• phone number;
• e-mail address;
• Credit card, debit card, or checking account information (including credit card number and expiration date);
• transaction information (history and record of your purchases, payment information, invoices, after-sale services, etc.);
• any other Personal Information provided by you;
4. What do we do with your Personal Information?
When you give us any Personal Information as indicated above, we use your Personal Information to:
• administer this website;
• improve your browsing experience;
• enable the use of the services made available on this website;
• confirm, process and track your orders for goods and services;
• correspond with you about your orders;
• deliver goods and services that you purchase online;
• provide after sales services, handle goods returns, recalls;
• send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
• administer billing and payment for your purchases;
• provide you, with your consent where required by law, with information by e-mail, sms, mms, faxes, phone calls (automated or not), post, or any other communications means, about the latest news or special offers from Thierry Mugler which may be of interest to you unless you have opted to be excluded from these communications. This information will relate to the same products or similar products to those that you have purchased. You can inform us at any time and for free if you no longer wish to receive such information by sending us an e-mail.
• respond to your submitted queries.
5. Who do we pass your Personal Information to?
We may share Personal Information collected via the website with third party service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions in order to help us to operate the website, process your orders and queries or otherwise manage the customer relationship between you and us. These third parties may be located in or out of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including in countries that do not provide the same level of data protection as in your country of residence. In such a case, we will ensure either (i) to obtain your unambiguous consent to share your Personal Information with these third providers, (ii) to use third providers self-certified under the Safe Harbour Program, or (iii) to enter into appropriate data transfer agreements conforming to the Standard Model Clauses established by the European Commission, to the extent required by the applicable law.
The Personal Information you submitted when you register on this website, when you buy a product from Thierry Mugler and the information concerning your use of the website will be shared with Thierry Mugler and any of its affiliated companies so that they can send you information about their products if you have consented by ticking the relevant box. These organisations belong to Thierry Mugler and the information that you will be sent will relate to their products only.
Otherwise, we will only disclose Personal Information to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, successors in title to our business, or in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to third parties for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk as permitted by law). In this case we will inform you about the disclosure and the entity we disclosed your Personal Information to.
6. Cookies and Web Beacons
When you view our websites we may store information on the hard drive of your computer in the form of a "cookie" (essentially a small text file or single GIF). Cookies allow us to tailor the websites to your interests and preferences. For example, a cookie might contain information about the web pages you have visited on the website, which could allow us to customise your next visit to the websites. However, cookies do not allow us access to the rest of your computer.
In order to analyse the success of our marketing campaigns, we also implement other technologies such as web beacons. We use third-party web beacons from Yahoo! to help analyze where visitors go and what they do while visiting our website. Yahoo! may also use anonymous information about your visits to this and other websites in order to improve its products and services and provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by Yahoo! please send us an e-mail.
Most Internet browsers enable you to delete cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored on your hard drive. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about how to do this. However, should you decide to disable any cookies we place on your computer you may not be able to use certain services or facilities on the website.
7. Linking to other websites
The website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These websites have their own privacy policies and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of Personal Information you submit whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
8. IP Addresses
We study visitor trends since we are interested in the successful dissemination of information through the websites. Our server creates log files of information such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address from your network, what pages were explored and the length of your visit. Analysis software is used to generate reports which help us to learn more about how we can enhance your experience with the websites. This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you. The log files are regularly purged. An IP address is a number designated for your computer by your Internet service provider to provide access to the Internet. Generally, an IP address will change every time your computer connects to the Internet. However, if you have a broadband connection, it is possible that the IP address that we may gather may contain information that may be deemed Personal Information. This could occur due to the fact that by using certain broadband connections, your IP address would not change and could be associated with your personal computer. We may use your IP address to gather aggregate information on use. But we will only be able to identify you individually if we have the means of linking the IP address to you as a particular user. This usually requires access to additional information which we do not seek.
9. Your rights concerning your Personal Information
In accordance with applicable law, you have the right to request access to the Personal Information that we hold on you, to have any errors in that information corrected, to request that the Personal Information is deleted as well as to object, on request and free of charge, to the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. Please address your request to the data protection manager by e-mail or to Thierry Mugler Consumer Relations One Park Avenue 19th Floor New York, NY 10016. We will address your queries in accordance with the regime established by the applicable legislation.