We are committed to protecting you against counterfeit or expired products and their consequences.
WHAT IS A COUNTERFEIT?
A counterfeit is a product made in exact imitation of something valuable with the intention to deceive or defraud. Products purchased from unauthorized retailers could be either replication of original product or expired products from foreign markets.
WHY IS IT WRONG?
- There is no guarantee of the ingredients in those fake products. You could be disappointed by the scent: too strong, not enough, not what you were expected.
- Fakes can be dangerous for your skin and your health. Counterfeit products have been found to contain dangerous ingredients such as harsh chemicals and low-quality alcohol and water and carcinogenic components.
- Counterfeiters are known to manufacture their products with laws protecting the health and safety of the public.
- Counterfeit products have a huge impact on the global economy. They participate in eliminating hundreds of thousands jobs and cost the global economy between 250 to 500 billion dollars every year. Counterfeiting has been linked to organized crime, child labor and terrorism.
HOW TO AVOID COUNTERFEITS?
To ensure that the Thierry Mugler Parfums products you are purchasing are real, you can:
- Shop online on mugler.com
- Purchase at one our authorized retailers – visit our store locator
HOW TO SPOT A FAKE PERFUME?
Here is a checklist of different elements of a product that can be good indicators of either it is a genuine or a fake product:
|PLASTIC WRAPPING||Should be thick and totally clear. Cellophane should be tightly wrapped around the box and closed by a Thierry Mugler logo sticker.|
|QUALITY OF THE BOX||Should always be of good quality. The bottle is always protected by a smooth cardboard material.|
|BOTTLE’S SHAPE||Check the height width and design of the bottle’s cap. Examine the sprayer and the tube going in the bottle. The sprayer should not go over the bottle’s shape.|
|ENGRAVED THIERRY MUGLER’S LOGO||Should always be on the cap of the bottles.|
|UNIQUE CIRCLE REGISTRATION CODE||All Thierry Mugler products have a code inside the top of the box.|
|CODE PRINTED ON EVERY MUGLER’S BOXES AND BOTTLES.||Make sure this code is the same on the box and on the bottle (except for empty bottle to be filled).|
|INFORMATION ON THE BOTTLE||Each bottle must have written on it:
Name of the brand, Name of the product, quantity in ml and Oz., Name and address of the manufacture (CFG 95300 Pontoise – France), country of origin (‘Made in France’)
|LABELS||Should always be perfectly positioned.|
|FRAGRANCE COLOR||Too pale or too dark could be a sign of alcohol-heavy or impure fragrance. Yellow liquid could be a sign of an expired fragrance.|
WERE YOU SOLD COUNTERFEIT THIERRY MUGLER PARFUMS?
If you suspect that you may be a target of fraud and would like to file an official report, please contact the Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357).
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
If you need more information, please call our Thierry Mugler Customer Service at 1-877-843-7968, Monday through Friday, from 9:30 am EST to 5:30 pm EST (except Holidays) or email us at email@example.com.